Development project near fire site approved since 2022 — Subang Jaya Mayor

2 days ago

Development project near fire site approved since 2022 — Subang Jaya Mayor

KUALA LUMPUR, April 2 — The development project near the site of the gas pipeline fire along Jalan Putra Harmoni in Putra Heights has been legally approved since 2022, with all necessary permits secured in accordance with regulations.

Subang Jaya Mayor Dato’ Amirul Azizan Abd Rahim said the project, which involves constructing shop lots, is currently in the final phase of securing its Certificate of Completion and Compliance.

“The project was initially scheduled for completion in December last year but faced some delays due to the CCC approval process,” he told the press at the Incident Control Post today.

Responding to allegations circulating on social media, Amirul said that no official statement would be issued at this time, as investigations by Petronas, the police, and other relevant authorities are still ongoing.

“At this stage, any claims spreading online should not be taken as official. We will leave it to the investigating agencies to determine the facts,” he said.

Amirul clarified that the project had obtained approval to utilise the Petronas Right-of-Way (ROW), with the contractor involved being an approved panel recognised by the relevant authorities.

“All necessary approvals were obtained in accordance with regulations. Petronas granted permission for the use of its ROW for the installation of Indah Water Konsortium pipelines.

“However, the project itself is not located within the ROW. Based on the documents and on-site assessments, all approvals are in place,” he said.

Yesterday, Petronas confirmed that the fire, which broke out at 8.10am, occurred at the main Petronas Gas Bhd pipeline.

— Bernama

...

Read the fullstory

It's better on the More. News app

✅ It’s fast

✅ It’s easy to use

✅ It’s free

Start using More.
More. from Selangor Journal ⬇️
news-stack-on-news-image

Why read with More?

app_description